Even if you're not scientifically inclined, “youre supposed to” know that mercury and the human body only don't mix. Even a small amount of mercury can be deadly. Sadly, toxic mercury is found in a variety of devices that we use every day.

While it's hard to avoid exposure to the substance, you can( and should) avoid drinking it. This guy, however, appears to have missed the memo.

[ youtube https :// www.youtube.com/ watch? v= 5n2L-pAem2k? autoplay= 0 ]

( via Reddit)

While I don't know for sure what happened to him after this video was recorded, I think I have a pretty good notion. The effects of mercury poisoning are quite unpleasant, and ingesting it is almost always deadly.

Read more: